Mobile World Congress Americas will take place September 12-14, 2018 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles.
"In just a few weeks, global leaders from the mobile technology and content, media and entertainment industries will converge in Los Angeles," said Michael O'Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. "Over three days, the spotlight will be on the exciting new opportunities delivered through mobile technology, not just in media and entertainment, but in many other areas that touch citizens' everyday lives. Attendees will truly have the opportunity to imagine a better future."
"Los Angeles is a global capital for media, entertainment and innovation — and the perfect home for Mobile World Congress Americas," said Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti. "We are excited to partner with GSMA to give pathbreaking startups and established players an opportunity to exchange ideas, explore new inventions and showcase the future of mobile technology."
Latest Additions to Keynote Program
The GSMA announced several additional keynote speakers for the Mobile World Congress Americas conference program, with leaders from a wide range of organizations across mobile, content, media and entertainment, including:
· Bill Gross, Chairman, IdeaLab
· Esther Wojcicki, Journalist and Educator
· Roger Lynch, CEO, Pandor
· Dominique Delport, President of International, Vice International
· Darcy Antonellis, CEO, VUBIQUITY
· Sean Doherty, CEO, WURL, Inc.
CTIA President and CEO Meredith Attwell Baker will open CTIA's policy sessions at Mobile World Congress Americas with a keynote address on Wednesday, September 12. The CTIA policy track will also include keynote remarks from David Redl, NTIA Assistant Secretary and Administrator and Brendan Carr, Mike O'Rielly and Jessica Rosenworcel, FCC Commissioners.
Beyond the keynote program, the three-day Mobile World Congress Americas conference will offer focused track sessions on a range of subjects, such as 5G, artificial intelligence (AI) blockchain, connected cars, the Internet of Things (IoT) and media, content and entertainment, among others. Newly confirmed conference speakers include:
· Reagan Feeney, Vice President, Content Partnerships, Hulu
· Gayle Troberman, Chief Marketing Officer, iHeartMedia
· Trina Van Pelt, Vice President of Intel Capital and Group Managing Director, Intel
· Trevor Fellows, Executive Vice President of Digital Partnerships, NBC
· Gary Brotman, Head of AI and Machine Learning Product Management, Qualcomm
· Rob Wilmoth, Principal Solutions Architect, Red Hat