Skono participated in MIK Conference and Networking Party, hosted by the global news network AVING News on Jul. 14.
MIK was prepared for the Korean companies with highly competitive edge in their technology but no partners or infrastructures to enter the global market. Ten foreign media from seven countries came to this event to publish news articles on the event. It was held along with a conference and networking party.
Skono Korea launched Norway's shoe brand Skono in Korea in 2005. Now, it has about 50 direct shops in major department stores and road shops. Also, Skono shoes are being sold at about 400 multi shops and 50 online shopping malls.
Simple and chic at the same time, Skono shoes go well with any kind of outfit. The motto of the company is to go for both fashion and utility. Skono Korea already holds the license to sell Skono products in Pan-asia region, and acquired the global license in 2010.
The fashion sneakers it introduced at MIK is the new product in line called "Liberty Velcro." Rather than using shoelaces, these shoes get fastened by velcro. Also, it can cover from casual look to modern fashion, giving a big versatility.
Other than the traditional colors, it added the colors of latest trend, pink, mint, purple, and it also comes in high top.
Skono Creamy Lover has a simple silouette overall and sophisticated two-tone colors to give a more sporty look. The color scheme that was used here was dirty pastel, the 2015 SS trend.
Light and comfortable, it can be worn as daily shoes. Pink comes in women's sizes(220~250mm), and navy, mint, and gray come in unisex sizes(220~280mm), perfect for a couple look.
Lee Byeong-guk, the manager of Skono, said, "I would like to find global partners that can handle both online and offline distribution. Expanding our global market with a good partner is our foremost mission."
• Xinhuanet - Cultural newspaper that deals with Korea-China cultural exchange and Chinese stars
• Yesky - China's well-known IT media
• Vietnam Plus - Vietnam's most comprehensive news website
• Female Daily - Indonesia's best online beauty portal
• Arctic Startup - Finland's online startup media
• Pronews - Japan's professional video industry web magazine
• TechnoBuffalo - The US's IT and mobile online media
• The Rakyat Post - Malaysia's English-run media covering the news from worldwide
• Drone.JP - Japan's video and camera media that provides diverse information about drones
• Fashion Wind - Media in China that specializes in textile and fashion