GCodi, the maker of the sunglasses brand Normz, attended MIK Conference & Networking Party last month and sought global entry.
Established in 1986, GCodi's know-how of 30 years in manufacturing glasses, continuing research to discover the latest trend, and effort to make the best-quality glasses sum up to the current status in the glasses industry.
It started running the glasses online shopping mall in 2013, and launched its own band Norms Eyewear in 2015. It also started running its own offline shops in Lotte Department Store Main Branch, and now expanded to Busan Seomyeon, Gwangbok, Changwon, Gwangju, Pyeongtaek, and Suwon Branch. It also has its own stores in Shinsegae Department Store Busan Branch, Wconcept, Liphop, and Lotte Mall.
With the launch of its new collection in 2016, GCodi is on its way to expanding its market to overseas, launching its stores in China, Japan, and the US.
Gang Dong-jun, the CEO of GCodi, said, "Sunglasses have to look pretty. There is no exception about that. But the problem is that the sunglasses used to be heavy, making it stressful for the wearers. We at Normz make the glasses that are pretty and sophisticated, yet not heavy."
The sunglasses it introduced in the MIK Conference are light and highly wearable, and do not weigh down the face. Highly elastic and durable, it does not require any adjustment, and the shape does not change.
Gang also said, "Normz are hand-made with special material, making it light and detailed, and possess a wide variety of color and trendy designs. I'm sure this is what the global fashionistas are looking for other than the design only. We are in full force of opening new shops in the department stores, multi shop, and shopping malls in Southeast Asia, China, Japan, and the US."
Made in Korea was open to promote Korean companies in the age of ever-changing economy. It is the event that was planned to help Korean companies find new sales channels and global network. AVING News is the host of this networking party with a new concept, devised to maximize the marketing effect and opportunity for making new businesses.
• Xinhuanet - Cultural newspaper that deals with Korea-China cultural exchange and Chinese stars
• Yesky - China's well-known IT media
• Vietnam Plus - Vietnam's most comprehensive news website
• Female Daily - Indonesia's best online beauty portal
• Arctic Startup - Finland's online startup media
• Pronews - Japan's professional video industry web magazine
• TechnoBuffalo - The US's IT and mobile online media
• The Rakyat Post - Malaysia's English-run media covering the news from worldwide
• Drone.JP - Japan's video and camera media that provides diverse information about drones
• Fashion Wind - Media in China that specializes in textile and fashion